MAGIC PRINCIPLES WITH CARDS
Registration is closed. Stay tuned for another run, if there’s demand for it, ca. next April 2020.
In this 5-week topical course in basic principles of magic with cards you will learn about:
- what magic is and how connections and systems of correspondences constitute magic.
- how cards can inspire you to create original spell-crafting based on ancient magical traditions (from Mesopotamia to Egypt and China).
- how to use such methods as the stacking of narratives, establishing mirroring, and creating parallel planes of enlarged fields of vision.
Meet your instructors
WHAT THEY SAY:
“The progression of the reading into magic was well, magical. I’ve never made so tight of a correlation between the two. They had always been separate processes before. Read the cards. Do the magic. Never, make magic while reading the cards. It definitely loosened up my style. I’m now more willing and confident in looking for the poetry and the subtle connections between things now. Awesome”
– Ames Hall
“The Devil him/her/itself would learn from this course.”
– Federico Andino
“This course was invaluable to me, I find it has been the best investment I have ever made. You are a wise teacher Camelia, and I treasure learning from you. This isn’t merely a course on reading the cards and magic, this is an approach to life, a philosophy.”
– Natalia Forty
For a selection of testimonials about the first runs of Cards and Magic, visit the press page. Please note that Cards and Magic 3.0 will be quite different.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Solid and competent lessons.
- Practical examples and student driven points.
- Feedback in a closed Facebook group.
- Non-hierarchical encounters. Our group has zero tolerance for nonsense, dominance, and aggression. We take our Zen training very seriously.
Don’t forget to check out the available individual lectures in the ongoing series BEYOND CARDS AND MAGIC.
WHAT IS THE METHOD?
- I teach with passion and compassion the art of reading the cards like the Devil.
- Check out the essay, Dark Treasures, that gives you a taste of the kind of work that we’ll be doing in the Cards and Magic class.
- Or follow my Youtube channel, Read Like the Devil, if you want learn more.