Courses and lectures
ARADIA ACADEMY offers online courses, lectures, guest lectures, conferences, and live workshops and retreats.
It also offers continuous learning, once a course has ended, in the Aradia Academy Alumni, a FB group for all who have taken any of the course offerings.
The main topics are:
- Practices of divination, divination techniques, divination philosophy and its cultural history
- Zen and Tibetan Buddhist meditation techniques combined with the reading of cards
- Magic discourses from the Renaissance to Neo-Paganism
- Storytelling and the experience of oracular texts
Courses are divided into four categories:
- Method and specialized
- Language awareness and deconstruction
- One-on-one tuition
- Guest collaborations
REGULAR COURSES IN THE METHOD ‘READ LIKE THE DEVIL’
The foundation and advanced modules are scheduled to take place on a rotation basis, once a year, but only if there’s accumulated interest.
- PLAYING-CARDS MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
- 5 weekly sessions starting around February
- MARSEILLE MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
- 4 weekly sessions starting around May
- ADVANCED MARSEILLE | TOPICAL
- 4 weekly sessions starting around June
- LENORMAND MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
- 5 weekly sessions starting around September
- ADVANCED LENORMAND | TOPICAL
- 4 weekly sessions starting around October
SPECIALIZED COURSES AND GROUP WORK
The specialized courses are designed according to popular demand or as they align with our general principles of martial arts cartomancy.
- CARDS AND MAGIC
- 5 weekly sessions usually in the spring (there are re-runs on demand)
- ART TAROT
- a full day workshop, now available as a recording
- THE JANITOR’S CORNER
- group work featuring Bent Sørensen’s interests in cards, divination, mythology and other esoterica. It runs via Facebook and it’s open only via subscription
CARDS AND ZEN | LANGUAGE AWARENESS AND DECONSTRUCTION
- NONREADING | ADVANCED ONE-ON-ONE
- THE CRAZINESS OF THE HEART SUTRA AND TAROT | INDIVIDUAL LECTURE
- THE POWER OF THE PIPS | INDIVIDUAL LECTURE ACCOMPANYING THE BOOK OF THE SAME TITLE
- BEYOND CARDS AND MAGIC: This is a series of lectures that feature recorded material followed by live Q&A sessions
- ONE-ON-ONE: There is a waiting list for Trio Con Brio (Marseille, Lenormand, Playing cards) and Nonreading (Cards and Zen). Email to inquire about availability.
- GUEST COLLABORATIONS: Guest workshops and lectures at The Hermit’s Lamp
What they say
- Camelia Elias transmits tarot in a way I can feel in my bones. Her two books on the subject are pure gold. And I have zero doubt this class is rich with real life magic.
– Fabeku Fatunmise, Business awesomizer and sonic alchemist
- If you want to learn how to read Tarot by one of the most talented, creative and magical minds I know, then you MUST study with Camelia Elias. Personally, since learning Camelia’s style of reading my clarity and accuracy has improved radically. Plus, all the people who usually join are awesome in their own creative/magical way. Do it!
– Samantha Blackadder, Apothecary
- I cannot recommend CARDS AND MAGIC highly enough. I have been reading cards for over 25 years and Camelia has completely refreshed and focused my reading style. Get in while you can… Camelia, you are a BAD WITCH, and a great teacher.
– Jason Miller, Strategic Sorcerer at Inominandum
- RADIANT READING was a BALL! It was a fantastic experience; I was looking forward to the live-class meetings. This is not just a tarot reading class; it’s a mind-bending philosophy course.
– Cristina Castanedo, mathematician
- Radiant Reading was a very effective advanced course. It exposed the way that you, Camelia, actually go about doing a reading… beyond the basic concepts… deeper into the “looking”… paying attention… common sense making connections aspects of readings… even using positional spreads. It busted everything up, then put it back together again… minus belief systems and preconceptions… plus your ever present toughness.
– Charles Webb, filmmaker
- The Lenormand Foundation Course was a priceless time. However it sounds—I’d pay triple for studying with Camelia! The Grand Tableau feels so much easier—I just enjoy looking at MORE cards which is a huge success! I’ve always felt like 9 cards may be more accidental than all 36 (hilarious, I know), laying pretty in their positions, so gaining confidence in reading the Grand Tableau is my beloved success. Thank you for being on this earth at the same time as me. LOVE YOU.
– Marta Spendowska, artist and painter
- Camelia, your courses are “Open Mind Courses” and, of course, Lenormand Foundation Course had this effect on me. You show me not only how to read, but how to think. This is priceless. But what I love most is the Fearless. You teach me I have nothing to fear. Thank you so much. I think the method is amazing. And I can say that everything you show me make changes in my life. At the end of each class, I had a feeling that my brain is a little bit different. I call it the “Eureka Feeling”. I love it. A huge THANK YOU! I love your energy, and your dedication. Thank you so much for everything. And don’t forget to write my name on your list of eternal student.
– Elaine Trinidade, linguist
- Like always, Camelia’s instruction taught me the essentials and how to use them, and how to pull it all together without getting lost or rambling down woodpaths. I cannot recommend the Advanced Lenormand course highly enough to anyone who would grasp the Grand Tableau and wield it as a powerful divinatory tool, improve their skill with Lenormand in general, and deepen their practical understanding of the principles and techniques essential to success in any and all forms of cartomancy. Camelia is truly the very best of the very best!
– John Felczack, engineer
- MORE GLORIOUS WORDS OF APPRECIATION? VISIT CAMELIA ELIAS TESTIMONIALS WEBPAGE
What an Aradia Academy class is, and what it isn’t
- All the teaching is based on an invitation to THINK WITH AND ON cards, and Zen and martial arts principles.
- An Aradia Academy course is NOT a class in memorization, or in what people say as a matter of course, tradition, or lineage.
- Each course follows the principle of ‘reading like the Devil,’ which simply means that we ‘read’ a visual text or the world according to how we apply the function of all things to context.
- We aim to enforce the Zen principle of seeing things as they are.
- When we operate with a visual text, we look at what IS: What cultural conventions dictate the function of what we look at beyond a purely symbolic level?
- We dispel the idea that meaning is inherent in cards and belief. An Aradia Academy course is an investigation into meaning as situational.
- The backbone of our method is deconstruction.
In a nutshell
ARADIA ACADEMY thus offers courses that develop penetrating vision.
- Do you see clearly?
- How do you know that you see clearly, if you think you do?
- If you’re attached to your thinking that you see clearly, then you don’t see clearly. This is called logic. Your thinking is not reality, ergo, thinking about knowing what you are is not the same as knowing what you are.
ARADIA ACADEMY is here:
- To split hairs.
- To frustrate and irritate you.
- To demolish your attachments.
- To call you out on your beliefs.
What we follow
We draw on the following disciplines:
- Cartomancy and divination (philosophy and practice)
- Meditation and nondual perception (philosophy and practice)
- Occult knowledge (philosophy and practice)
- Magical traditions (philosophy and practice)
- The practice of thinking and engaging with spiritual texts draws on the following traditions:
- from semiotics to semantics (structuralism to storytelling)
- from Tibetan Buddhism, Chinese, Japanese and Korean Zen to Kashimir Shaivism (advaita vedanta à la Nagarjuna and Nisargadatta)
- from Kabbalah to Gnosticism
- from Renaissance Neoplatonism to alchemy and Solomonic witchcraft
- Enter your details below to get notified when registrations open.
- In addition to featuring calls for new courses, the monthly Art of Reading newsletter also offer a surprising or unusual idea to think about. A touch of magic.
AVAILABLE LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS