Online courses and lectures
ARADIA ACADEMY features online courses, lectures, and retreats. Scroll down for a list of current courses.
Hundreds of students who have taken the foundation course in CARDS AND MAGIC and the advanced RADIANT READING class have already testified that you can’t find more effective training in cartomancy anywhere else than here.
In their own Words:
Camelia Elias transmits tarot in a way I can feel in my bones. Her two books on the subject are pure gold. And I have zero doubt this class is rich with real life magic.
– Fabeku Fatunmise, Business awesomizer and sonic alchemist
If you want to learn how to read Tarot by one of the most talented, creative and magical minds I know, then you MUST study with Camelia Elias. Personally, since learning Camelia’s style of reading my clarity and accuracy has improved radically. Plus, all the people who usually join are awesome in their own creative/magical way. Do it!
– Samantha Blackadder, Apothecary
I cannot recommend CARDS AND MAGIC highly enough. I have been reading cards for over 25 years and Camelia has completely refreshed and focused my reading style. Get in while you can… Camelia, you are a BAD WITCH, and a great teacher.
– Jason Miller, Strategic Sorcerer at Inominandum
RADIANT READING was a BALL! It was a fantastic experience; I was looking forward to the live-class meetings. This is not just a tarot reading class; it’s a mind-bending philosophy course.
– Cristina Castanedo, mathematician
Radiant Reading was a very effective advanced course. It exposed the way that you, Camelia, actually go about doing a reading… beyond the basic concepts… deeper into the “looking”… paying attention… common sense making connections aspects of readings… even using positional spreads. It busted everything up, then put it back together again… minus belief systems and preconceptions… plus your ever present toughness.
– Charles Webb, filmmaker
What an Aradia Academy class is, and what it isn’t
NOT a class in memorization, or in what people say.
NOT EVEN a class in deduction.
It’s a class in seeing what you see, and composition.
How do you put it so the other you read the cards for gets it?
It’s a class in getting that ‘what you get’ is always anchored in your own circumstances and condition.
When you read cards you just make clear what circumstance and condition is.
You go from seeing what IS to prediction, but the premise for seeing what IS and prediction is NOT one of ‘I know everything,’ but one of ‘I haven’t a bloody clue’.
You look at what happens in the space between claims to knowledge: ‘It will happen’, and ‘Relax: Just read the damn cards’.
Reading visual text is one of the highest contemplative arts.
It’s a fast track to seeing articulated into images your innermost fears and desires.
You want to be acquainted with the content of your unconscious, simply because that’s the one that rules.
Your ego has the function of helping you navigate through culture, but contentment arises from acknowledging what you are beyond culture.
Acquiring this knowledge is both painful and it takes a long time.
Not so when we make recourse to art, images, oracles, divination, and all the other disciplines of inquiry that foreground meditation on the simple question of the self.
We think the self has substance, and we act according to that, but is that really so?
We could argue that the image and self-image make the world go round – and that is true, culturally speaking – but it is not true from the perspective of seeing where these images come from.
They come from us, from our minds.
Our own minds are the center of the universe.
But how many know this, even beyond what we call ‘knowledge?’
In a nutshell
ARADIA ACADEMY thus offers courses that develop penetrating vision.
- Do you see clearly?
- How do you know that you see clearly, if you think you do?
- If you’re attached to your thinking that you see clearly, then you don’t see clearly. This is called logic. Your thinking is not reality, ergo, thinking about knowing what you are is not the same as knowing what you are.
ARADIA ACADEMY is here:
- To split hairs.
- To frustrate and irritate you.
- To demolish your attachments.
- To call you out on your bullshit.
What we follow
We draw on the following disciplines:
- Cartomancy and divination (philosophy and practice)
- Meditation and nondual perception (philosophy and practice)
- Occult knowledge (philosophy and practice)
- Magical traditions (philosophy and practice)
- The practice of thinking and engaging with spiritual texts draws on the following traditions:
- from semiotics to semantics (structuralism to storytelling)
- from Tibetan Buddhism to Zen and Kashimir Shaivism (advaita vedanta à la Nagarjuna and Nisargadatta)
- from Kabbalah to Gnosticism
- from Renaissance Neoplatonism to alchemy and Solomonic witchcraft
Courses are divided into three categories: method, language awareness and deconstruction, and one-on-one.
READ LIKE THE DEVIL | METHOD
- MARSEILLE MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
- RADIANT READING MASTERCLASS | ADVANCED
- LENORMAND MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
- ADVANCED LENORMAND | TOPICAL
- PLAYING-CARDS MASTERCLASS | FOUNDATION
CARDS AND ZEN | LANGUAGE AWARENESS AND DECONSTRUCTION
INDIVIDUAL LECTURES AND ONE-ON-ONE TUITION
- BEYOND CARDS AND MAGIC
- This is a series of lectures that feature recorded material followed by live Q&A sessions
- There is a waiting list for Trio Con Brio (Marseille, Lenormand, Playing cards) and Nonreading (Cards and Zen). Email to inquire about availability.
Enter your details below to get notified when registrations open.
In addition to featuring calls for new courses, the monthly Art of Reading newsletter also offer a surprising or unusual idea to think about. A touch of magic.